Pages

Sunday 17 August 2014

5 Things: Beach Wave Products


I am in love with wavy Lauren Conrad like hair. Problem is, I'm quite lazy when it comes to my hair and am not the biggest fan of using heat. In a previous post, I mentioned my collection of wave enhancing products so here they are.

1. Aussie Sprunch Hairspray (6/10)
With a slightly stickier consistency, the product gives a hairspray like hold. Using scrunching motions, it  gives you a slight beachy like texture. However, using too much will leave hair crunchy, but not using enough will leave hair in its original state. The spray head needs to be rinsed after each use to avoid clogging.

2. Lush Sea Spray (4/10)
Adds texture but more of a "dirty" texture. A more thorough review here

3. Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Scrunching Gel (7/10)
Long story short, I saw Blair Fowler (juicystar07) and Ingrid (missglamorazzi) use this in a tutorial years ago. It worked for them so I assumed it would for me as well. My favourite way to use this is to apply a dollar coin amount in 80% dry hair and braid my hair into one long french braid. It's the only way this product works for me actually, but it doesn't give the most long lasting hold.

4. Garnier De-Constructed Beach Chic Texturizing Spray (8/10)
My newest and favourite of the five. Paired with a hairdryer or left in a french braid/bun overnight, this product gives the best hold. It also doesn't hurt that this product smells incredible (very fruity). Only downside with this is it makes your hair look a bit drier.

5. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel (5/10)
While this product isn't sticky, it does make your hair slightly clumpy. Again, another Missglamorazzi induced product from that same "Beachy Hair" tutorial. It adds a bit of shape for the first five minutes, then your hair remains being flat.

Any favourite wave enhancing beach hair products to add to my evergrowing list? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment