Pages

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Cause I'm In Too Deep...


Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask on top, Living Proof Restore Mask below.

In case you couldn't tell, this post is about deep conditioner. Two high end ones more specifically. Now I'm not really one to splurge on hair products but when I do, I usually hear that they're pretty spectacular. Let's see how these two measured up.


First up is the Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment ($14 for the smaller jar). This product claims to nourish your hair, increase its strength, soften, and add shine, all while restoring (see what I did there?) it back to its virgin hair properties. I received this product as part of a 500 point Sephora voucher and got roughly 4 uses out of it. What I could not get over is this product's wax like consistency (wax is one of the ingredients if you're curious), it made the product harder to scoop out and apply to my hair. After using this, my hair pretty much felt the same but looked a bit shinier. I think it from was the wax coating the hair as this effect didn't last long. Overall, I would say to skip this product and try their Restore Conditioner instead which gave me much better results.

Next up is a product I immediately though I'd love because of its sister product, my holy grail Moroccanoil Oil Treatment. Words cannot even describe my love for that stuff! Now the best part of this product is the fact that it has that signature warm Moroccanoil smell. This mask is good but not miraculous by any means. You can tell from the thick texture that it's heavily oil infused so it does moisturize your tresses. It can definitely weigh down your hair if it gets in your roots but that problem can be easily avoided. While I like this mask and will definitely finish it, it doesn't reap in enough benefits for me to repurchase at $37 a pop.

What's your favourite deep conditioner/hair mask?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite deep conditioner is coconut oil. I usually buy a jar of extra virgin coconut oil at Whole Foods, and it lasts me for quite a while. Love! Morrocan Oil Treatment is also my fav <3 :) Great post! xx
    Jina
    www.beautyblogmark.com

    ReplyDelete